It’s been over 5 years now that i’ve pretty much been working from home. I can’t even imagine going back into an “office setting” – no matter how open-concept or work/fun balance it may be. Obviously, you have to get into the grove of the work-from-home lifestyle and routine. I myself am more of a morning worker starting at around 6 or 7am. It’s so awesome! It feels like you’re cheating on the world…getting work done while others are still sleeping. (Granted the same is true for night owls like my biz partner Emily!)
One thing that has significantly changed since going from a regular office to working from home is my “background noise” that keeps me company during the day.
It may sound crazy, but it’s become a very important part of my day. I obviously stay informed on what’s going on in the world and I get great ideas for clients. TV doesn’t always have to be the enemy…it can be a very useful tool. Take a look at my TV day during work below!
Breakdown of my Work Day – TV Style
- 6 – 9am: Today Show / local news
- 9am – 12pm: Netflix / recorded shows from the night before
- 12 – 1pm: Local news yet again
- 1 – 2pm: The Chew (which I won’t be watching much longer since they’re being cancelled – another blog post for another time)
- 2 – 4pm: Combination of Food Network and HGTV (depending on the day)
- 4 – 6pm: Local news for the last time before making dinner
Obviously there are variations of my TV/work day, but for the most part that’s what’s on in the background keeping me company and inspiring me throughout the day!